The NITK English Medium Higher Primary School(Formerly called as KREC English Medium High School) was established in the year 1968 primarily with the objective of meeting the need for an English Medium School for the children of the members in the NITK Campus who hail from different linguistic parts of the country.The school is open to the members of the public also.Since then the School has developed by leaps and bounds.
The School adopted the CBSE syllabus in 2008-2009 and is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi. The first batch of std X CBSE students appeared for the final examination in March 2013.
AIM OF THE SCHOOL
N.I.T.K. English Medium School provides liberal, national and essentially Indian Education conductive to inculcate in the pupils a spirit of patriotism, democratic out look, a sense of duty and discipline-Education imparted in the school generally prepares the students to play the role of well disciplined citizen of our great nation with an all round developed personality.
Our faculty consists of a dedicated team of trained post graduates, and graduates. They have contributed to the achievement of high academic standard and made this institution worthy of recognition in the field of education in Karnataka.
- Students will pay tuition fees & special fees in 3 installments (Term fees) payable in May, September and January.
- A student will not be allowed to appear for the Annual Examination if he/she has not paid all the fees and dues before the commencement of the examination.
- It will be very much appreciated if the fees for the whole year are paid in a single installment in the beginning of the year.
RULES AND REGULATIONS TO THE PUPIL
- Students are not allowed to enter and class room other than their own.
- Attendance for all tests and examinations is compulsory. A student can be exempted only on Medical reasons and in such case a Medical Certificate has to be produced.
- Should a pupil have his/her absence exceed three days, notice must be forwarded to the Principal through the Class Teacher.
- The Principal reserves the right to dismiss such students who continue to be undisciplined despite repeated warnings.
- Any letter to students addressed to the School are subject to scrutiny by the School Authority.
- Attendance at classes and examinations, progress as well as conduct of the students will be taken into consideration while recommending the students for merit certificates.
- No pupil is permitted to wear any jewellery in the school. Such students will do so at their own risk and the school shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- No one can leave the school premises during school hours without the permission of the Principal. Pupils will not be sent home during class hours.
- Students are responsible to the school authorities for their conduct both in and outside the school. Shouting, whistling,speaking abusive language, running in the school building,
insulting or throwing things at one another and disobeying etc are strictly forbidden.
- No students is permitted to use the blackboard except when called for by teachers.
- Keep the floor and surroundings clean.
- All boys have to wear only format wear for any school function.
- Girl students are required to wear dignified and decent garments. Sleeveless outfits are not permitted.
- Uniforms should be spic and span.
- Pupils may be required to take part in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities even outside school hours. When so required, participation will be deemed compulsory.
- Staying away from mandatory school functions including Annual Day and Sports Day without prior permission or justification will be considered discipline default.
- No Pupil is permitted to go to their friends/relatives house from the school without the permission of their parents.